2015 Oil & Gas High Performance Computing™
March 4 & 5, 2015
Live stream of available sessions
(Not all sessions are available on the live stream).
The Rice University Oil and Gas High Performance Computing (OG HPC) Workshop (Wednesday, March 4 and Thursday, March 5, 2015), is the premier meeting place for networking and discussion focused on computing and information technology challenges and needs in the oil and gas industry.
- Keynote and Invited Speakers confirmed for 2015:
- Katie Antypas, Services Department Head, Advanced Technologies, Data and Analytics Services, and User Services, NERSC
- Jack Dongarra, American University Distinguished Professor, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department, University of Tennessee
- Eric Green, VP, Seismic Imaging, BP
- Steven W. Hammond, Director, Computational Science Center, National Renewable Energy Laboratory
- Brad McCredie, IBM Fellow, Vice President IBM Power Systems, President of the OpenPOWER Foundation
- Anshul Sadana, Senior Vice President of Customer Engineering, Arista
- Kent Winchell, Director, CTO Office, Cray
- Registration will open Monday, January 12, 2015
- Stay connected, update your contact information here
- News stories
You might also be interested in:
HPC Summer Institute
The 2015 HPC Summer Institute is organized by the Ken Kennedy Institute for Information Technology at Rice University in an effort to address a growing demand for training and education in high-performance computing and scientific programming. While the main driver for the Summer Institute has been participation from the oil and gas industry, the curriculum is broadly applicable to any field engaged in scientific computing where there is a need to harness more of the computing power offered by modern servers and clusters. The HPC Summer Institute offers participants, with a wide array of backgrounds, opportunities to be trained modern programing techniques and tool.
Data Science Summer Institute
Society has firmly entered the era of “data” and data-driven discovery and prediction will be in your future. The combination of ubiquitous network connectivity, powerful mobile computing devices, remote sensors and cameras, accurate location data, massive data-center resources, and commercial advertising incentives has spurred an astonishing growth in the collection and availability of data. To prepare you to leverage your data the Ken Kennedy Institute for Information Technology at Rice University is offering the Data Science Summer Institute to get you up to speed on skills required to start leveraging the latest data analytics tools.
Use hashtag #oghpc when you tweet about the workshop.
If you would like to be added to our information mailing list for this and future workshops, please sign up here.